[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 2167: Array to string conversion
A video showing the completion of Sorcery+ :: Asperger Technical

Username:  Remember me?
Password:

Post subject: A video showing the completion of Sorcery+
Post Number:#1  PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

I just have to point this out. Does anybody remember the game Sorcery+ for the Amstrad back in the 80s? On YouTube is a three part video of it being completed.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

It even shows the bit in the second level where you drop the Roland toy into the water and the 4th golden heart surfaces.

Share this information
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Diigo
  • DZone
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • LinkedIn
  • MySpace
  • Reddit
  • Slashdot
  • StumbleUpon
  • Twitter
  • Yahoo
     Post subject: Re: A video showing the completion of Sorcery+
    Post Number:#2  PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:04 pm 

I remember the day when I first encountered Sorcery+. It was running on an Amstrad on display in Debenhams. At the time I thought the graphics were spectacular and I loved the sound of the sorcerer moving through doors and killing the enemies with shooting stars 8). One of the sales assistants kindly lent me a joystick so I could play and I was hooked. I was still playing when the time came to close the store. I wanted the game but found out it was only available for the Amstrad which wasn't the computer I owned at the time :x. So I ended up wanting an Amstrad as well...

It was only 4 or 5 years ago that I found out that if you drop the Roland toy into the water it turns into a golden heart. When I used to play the game I wondered what function the Roland toy performed but never managed to work it out. My technique for obtaining the fourth golden heart is to take a jewelled crown from the first level into the second level. It took me a few attempts to find the right object that turns into a golden heart on entering the second level.

Share this information
    • Delicious
    • Digg
    • Diigo
    • DZone
    • Facebook
    • Google
    • LinkedIn
    • MySpace
    • Reddit
    • Slashdot
    • StumbleUpon
    • Twitter
    • Yahoo
      Post Number:#3  PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:27 pm 
      Site Admin

Canopus wrote:
      I remember the day when I first encountered Sorcery+. It was running on an Amstrad on display in Debenhams. At the time I thought the graphics were spectacular and I loved the sound of the sorcerer moving through doors and killing the enemies with shooting stars 8). One of the sales assistants kindly lent me a joystick so I could play and I was hooked. I was still playing when the time came to close the store. I wanted the game but found out it was only available for the Amstrad which wasn't the computer I owned at the time :x. So I ended up wanting an Amstrad as well...

Nice to find somebody who remembers, and more importantly enjoys, Sorcery+. I had a feeling that it had become a forgotten game and I would be surprised if anybody under the age of 20 has heard of it let alone played it.

Have you ever played the Incentive Freescape games? They were a milestone in games development that is largely ignored by the gaming media.

Quote:
      It was only 4 or 5 years ago that I found out that if you drop the Roland toy into the water it turns into a golden heart. When I used to play the game I wondered what function the Roland toy performed but never managed to work it out. My technique for obtaining the fourth golden heart is to take a jewelled crown from the first level into the second level. It took me a few attempts to find the right object that turns into a golden heart on entering the second level.

I think the facility to convert objects from the first level into objects in the second level is actually a bug in the program. The variable for the object you are carrying isn't reset when you move from the first level to the second level. It makes it possible to have five golden hearts.

One of the doors inside the castle leads to the top part of the dungeon and won't open from the inside meaning that you can't get out. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the program or a trap set by the game designers.

Share this information
      • Delicious
      • Digg
      • Diigo
      • DZone
      • Facebook
      • Google
      • LinkedIn
      • MySpace
      • Reddit
      • Slashdot
      • StumbleUpon
      • Twitter
      • Yahoo
        Post Number:#4  PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:44 pm 

That room with the pilot lights in is really freaky. Even freakier is the way you can visit Gatwick.

Share this information
        • Delicious
        • Digg
        • Diigo
        • DZone
        • Facebook
        • Google
        • LinkedIn
        • MySpace
        • Reddit
        • Slashdot
        • StumbleUpon